Google

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

From the middle of the desert 2 Mars

Well, I never knew I liked rocks so much! But if you've ever been out to the red center of Australia, you'll not only have a greater understanding of rocks, but of heat, nature, hiking and cold beer!

I'm told alot's changed @ Uluru since the good old Ayres Rock days, for one we weren't able to camp at the base of the rock which I'm told by mum we did some 20 odd years ago, it still is an amazing place to visit and awesome area to explore.

And when I say explore, I don't mean driving around in an airconditioned 4WD for 4 days (although this is how we got here from Alice), I mean walking, hiking, climbing and close to dehydrating under the 43oC sun.

I did some mythbusting of my own and discovered that you can actually still climb the big rock, as seen below doing it in true Aussie style in the vollies.

The top of the rock is amazing, it was literally like being on the top of Mars! Kings Canyon was also amazing! Fucking hot, but fantatsic. I had a real blast, you'll find many more photos to the link on the right.

Alice Springs was also a good adventure and great to spend some time with the family. Didn't get out to mix with the locals much, too knackered from walking about 10k a day. However, I was impressed to find that there was a free flowing supply of Coopers around town!

I won't continue to bore you with more rock talk, so take care of yoursleves and ensure you keep an eye on things to come! Only 5 weeks to go till the big one!

Cheers,

Nathanial

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahha, your name is nathaniall. of god ive had too much vodka....

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home