Google

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Stop Uno: Chile

Well I made it! It still hasn't sunk in but I've been in Chile now for about 30 hours. I completely forgot how much long winded flights, combined with a 14 hour change in time fucks you up, but hey; it's worth it.

Was a walking zombie yesterday when I picked up my bag at the airport and asked myself 'why the hell did I bring so much stuff?' as I slung my 25 kilo bag onto my shoulders. The next challenge was getting to the hostel I had organised with every man and his dog wanting a bit of gringo dinero.

I made it though, showered up and hit the streets. Santiago is a nice enough city and when the smog blows away you can get a good view of the towering andes in the background. Hit a cool museum today with art from pre-columbian latin america, very cultured I know. Heading into the country tomorrow to check out a couple of wineries where tours are conducted in Espáñol. Should be a test of the rusty language that I seem to be imropoving on by the day.

Day after that I'm hitting the coast in preparation for NYE. It's gonna ROCK! Photos are still on their way.

The chronicles of Sanchez are only building momentum, plenty of action to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola amigo!
yay your in South America!
Have you made it up to see the huge stature yet?
Me , dave and steve being completely idiotic walked up the mountion and took the cable car down....

I hear that you will be in Central America at the same time as me and saunders...Pisco sour?

celia xox

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds fantastic babe!!

lillaxoxo

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home