Google

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I am an addict!

It's true, I must confess, I have recently become an addict of Argentina. I really cannot get enough of this place.

We have spent the last 3 days here in Rosario, the birthplace of the most printed face in the world, Che Guevara. It's a beautiful city situated on the river Parana, some 300+ km from Buenos Aires. The morning we arrived here (at 4 something) once we had showered up and finally got my blog uploaded, the guy that was working here explained to us that the area that we are staying in is very famous in Argentina because it is renowned for it's 'whore' houses. Now he was speaking English with a pretty thick accent so I wasn't exactly sure that he meant what we thought so we had to ask again, with which he explained that the name of our hostel, Pichincha, is the slang word for 'whore' house in Spanish and the hostel actually used to be one. What the hell have we just checked into......?

After breakfast we tried to put the thought of how man people had, well you know, in the private room that we would be checking into later by going for a stroll along the river and through town. The city is very cool & has some pretty specky buildings and monuments. After a few hours and the purchase of some much needed beard clippers (also handy for DIY haircuts), we headed back to the hostel to relax, check in and maybe get in a kip. We took it easy for the rest of the day, cooking up a storm for dinner before heading out to a blues show with 2 brazilian girls and a Canadian guy named Cam.

Yesterday Cam, Lil & I grabbed a boat out to this island across the river to this beach where we spent the day lounging in the sun, drinking Liquados (the origin of the smoothie) and getting burnt, well Cam & I anyway. We all headed out to dinner last night to this awesome Buffet joint around the corner from the hostel where for $6.50 Australian, you can feast on Argentinian Meat, Cooked as you wait Pasta, Seafood & Chinese as well as one of the biggest international selections of food I think I have ever seen, man did I feel fat this morning!

Straight to Fanny Spa today where Lilla & I splurged ourselves on a Fanny Pedicure (interesting) and Fanny Massage (Fanny is the name of the spa) which set us back about AU$35 all up. It was all to ensure we feel nice and relaxed before another fuck off overnight bus ride worth 13 hours on our way to Iguazu Falls, although the 140 degree reclinerable seats, free beer, wine & champaign with dinner and breakfast thrown in all for AU$40 a piece should also sort us out.

I think now you are probably starting to understand the cause of my addiction, I mean I have traveled and lived in cheap countries before, but the quality of what you get for your money here is just completely unbelievable, only 3 days left in Argi and then into Brazil. We're really going to miss it here, but looking forward to those beaches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home