Google

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Carne y Vino (Steak & Wine): What more need I say!?

The flight over the Andes to Mendoza was spectacular. It´s hard to believe that when it´s hovering around 35 degrees in town, the nearby mountains can still be so snow covered. I almost wish I was here in winter so I could board the mountains to absolute pieces! I guess that will have to be another trip.

I checked into the hostel and headed straight to the streets to find myself my favourite food & drink. Hey, Argentinia is famous for it + Dave told me that I should migrate here because of it so I had to check it out.

The wine was fantastic (a half bottle of local Argentinian Malbec for AU$4) & the steak was also splendid, exactly what you prescribed David, well done mate! Basically the restaurant I ended up at, which was recommended by all the Mendozians I asked was like this big open BBQ and you just go up and order different parts of the cow. I never knew ribs could be so good. I don´t think I´ve ever eaten so much meat in one sitting, but I´m sure I will before the next stop. All this set me back a whopping AU&10, and apparently it gets even better in Buenos Aires.

Off to the mountains and hot springs tomorrow, will be good to get some exercise into me before the big 6 day hike down South.

Will let you know how my next Carne y Vino experience goes soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Felíz año Nuevo!!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey EGS

sounds like you had a good NYE, much more interesting than ours, whats the story of the missing camera? and where are some photos of SA?

D&D

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home